First United Methodist South Bend – Suggested Items for Food Pantry Donation
“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” Matthew 25:35.
If your family can use it, chances are — it is appropriate to donate.
- Canned tuna, chicken or salmon
- Peanut butter, jelly
- Meals in a can (soup, stew, chili)
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Canned fruit in its own juice or water
- Olive or canola oil
- Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Saltine crackers
- Instant potatoes (mashed or flavored variety)
- Cereal – hot or cold
- Fruit juice – canned or bottled
- And, more.
ADDITIONAL IDEAS FOR DONATIONS:
Store Gift Certificates — So we may purchase most-needed items.
Gas Station Cards — To supply gas to drivers who pick up food items.
DONATION DROP OFF –
Please email the First Church office to arrange a time, or call 574-233-9463.